This policy applies to cookies and the website owned by the trading company "Stilka" Ltd., EIC 205715448, with registered office and management address: Bulgaria, Shumen 9700, P. Parchevich Str. 31, referred to below (Stilka).
A cookie is a small file made up of letters and numbers that will be stored on a user's computer, mobile device, or other equipment used to access the Internet. The cookie is installed through the request sent by the server of a web page to the browser (for example Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.). It is completely "passive" (does not contain software programs, viruses, or spyware and does not access the information from the user's hardware).
3. What are cookies used for?
These files make it possible to know the user's device and to present its content in a way adapted to the user's preferences. Cookies provide the user with a pleasant experience while browsing the Internet and help Stilka to offer user-friendly services, such as online privacy preferences, in the shopping cart or relevant advertising. Also, they are used in the preparation of anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user prefers to use our websites, allowing us to improve their structure and content, excluding the identification of the user's personality.
4. What cookies do we use?
We use two types of cookies – per user session and persistent. User session cookies are temporary files that remain on the user's device until the end of the user session or until the application (web browser) is closed. Fixed files remain on the user's device for the period parameterized by the cookies or until they are manually deleted by the user.
5. How are cookies used by this website?
Visiting this website may create cookies for the following purposes:
• Website performance cookies;
• Cookies for analyzing website visitors;
• Geo-targeting cookies;
• Cookies for registration;
• Cookies for advertising activity;
• Advertisers' cookies.
6. Deleting cookies
7. Why are cookies important to the Internet?
Cookies are a central point for the efficient functioning of the Internet, helping to produce a certain pattern of preferences and interests of each user. Disagreeing or disabling cookies may make some websites unusable. Rejecting or deactivating cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertisements, but that they will no longer appear in your account for favorites and interests collected through browsing behavior. Examples of important cookie roles (that do not require account authentication):
• Content and services adapted to user preferences – categories of products and services.
• Offers adapted to the user's preferences - remember passwords.
• Save child protection filters for Internet content (family mode option, safe search function).
• Limitation of the frequency of use of advertisements - the limitation of the display of an advertisement for a certain user of the website.
• Providing advertisements that would be of interest to the user.
• The measurement, optimization, and characteristics of analytics – how to confirm a given level of website traffic, what type of content is displayed, and how the user reaches a website (eg: search engines, direct search, other websites, etc.). The websites develop these analyses and their use to improve the website for the benefit of the users.
8. Security and Confidentiality
Cookies are NOT viruses! They use the plain text format. They are not composed of pieces of code, so they cannot be executed, nor can they be executed independently. Therefore, they cannot be duplicated or copied to other networks to run or copy anew. Since they cannot perform these functions, they cannot be considered viruses. Much anti-spyware software is not aware of this fact and constantly marks cookies to be removed during removal/scanning/anti-virus/anti-spyware.
Browsers usually have built-in privacy settings that provide different levels of cookie acceptance, validity period, and automatic deletion after the user has visited a site.
Other security aspects related to cookies:
Since the protection of personal data is extremely important and it is a right of every Internet user, it is recommended to be aware of the possible problems that cookies can create. Through them, information is constantly and bi-directionally sent between the browser and the website, and if a hacker or other unauthorized person intervenes during the sending of the data. Тhen the information contained in cookies can be intercepted.
In rare cases, this can happen if the browser connects to the server using an unencrypted network (eg: a wireless network that is not password protected). Another type of cookie-based attack requires wrong cookie settings on the server. If a website does not require the browser to use only encrypted channels, hackers can use this vulnerability to trick browsers into sending information through the unsecured channels. Hackers then use the information to gain unauthorized access to certain websites. It is very important to be careful in choosing the most suitable protection for your data.
9. Tips for secure and responsible cookie-based browsing
• If you share access to your computer with someone, you can change your browser settings so that it deletes your browsing data every time you close the browser.
• Always install and maintain anti-spyware applications. Many spyware detection and prevention applications include the detection of attacks on websites.
Make sure your browser is always up to date. Many of the cookie-based attacks are implemented by exploiting the weak points of old and outdated versions of browsers. Cookies are everywhere and cannot be avoided if you want to enjoy access to the best and biggest websites - local and international. With a clear understanding of how they operate and the benefits they bring, you can take the necessary security measures so that you can surf the Internet with confidence. Disabling or refusing to receive cookies may make some sites unusable or difficult to visit and use.
To set third-party cookies, you can use the website https://www.youronlinechoices.com/bg/
10. Useful links
If you want to find more information about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links:
STILKA Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.
Online shop created with Shopiko by SuperHosting.BG